Costa Rica spas are both fabulous and affordable. Luxury spas in Costa Rica offer up-to-the-minute beauty treatments, yoga instruction, marital arts and meditation, and a host of water sports and wilderness classes. Plus, Costa Rica spas also have the advantage of being situated on some of the most gorgeous terrain in the world. Getting a personal massage or soaking in a hot tub is a relaxing experience almost anywhere, but being professionally pampered in an oceanfront, rainforest paradise can’t be topped.
A positive Costa Rica spa experience can be found in most upscale hotels in almost any major city, or near any Costa Rica National Park or attraction. Whatever your climate preference, you can find a Costa Rica spa that is perfect in every way.
The following Costa Rica spas are among the most popular the nation has to offer:
- Fusion Natural Spa is located on the hillside above Playa Ocotal in Costa Rica’s popular western Guanacaste Province. Fusion offers aromatherapy, massage, body wraps, and exfoliating skin care at prices that are rock bottom compared to most American West Coast spas. Packages are available for an afternoon or for several days so you can pop or relax and stay awhile.
- The Essence Day Spa in Tamarindo is located right next to Cabinas Coral Reef and specializes in sports massage and deep tissue Swedish massage. At the nearby Cabinas Arco Iris you can check out a variety of active classes in yoga, martial arts, and aerobics, or combine both in between relaxing trips to the beach to work on your tan.
- The Serenity Spa is located just a bit south of Fusion, beyond the Nicoya Gulf on Play de Jaco. This little spa is set into a row of small shops and also services the Marriot Resort and a variety of other local luxury hotels. Serenity offers manicures and pedicures (on site or at your hotel), massages, mudpacks, and face and body treatments.
- Sea Glass Spa near Manuel Antonio National Park, is located down a winding road near the oceanfront just before Villas Nicolas, and offers a full range of spa treatments in a beautiful setting. Enjoy the park one day then pamper yourself the next.
- San Jose hotels almost all either have on site spas or access to spa services. If you can’t get out of San Jose and have economical accommodates, you can still get pampered royally at Multispa in the Tryp Corobici. Multispa is a Costa Rica spa franchise with multiple locations. Any class is available for only $12 per session, as well as the more standard spa services.
Travel in Costa Rica can be adventurous and even rugged at times, but that doesn’t mean you can’t take a little break for pampering and luxury at a Costa Rica spa. Schedule a session or two between hikes up volcanic mountainsides or canopy tours through the rain forest. You’ll find that Costa Rica spa prices are amazingly affordable and the services are top rate, so there’s really no excuse to skip the pampering. Go ahead and indulge yourself! You deserve it.