You’ve worked all of your life and now you’re thinking of a retirement in Costa Rica? This may be a pretty good idea, but you must be prepared.
TThere are many pros and cons to retirement in Costa Rica but rest assured you will decide what is right for you. In the following paragraphs we will be discussing many of the good things about moving there and making a new life for yourself, or for yourself and your family, what ever your situation may be. Costa Rica has been referred to by many as the Switzerland of the Americas and it is said to be one of the most politically stable countries in Central America. Many people who visit are captivated by its beauty and tropical lushness. The fact that it is such a progressive country politically and economically is a true bonus! Many retired people love that fact!
This beautiful paradise has been called a tranquil democracy. Many of the people who live there are so proud of the fact that they have an opinion on what goes on in their country that when it is time for elections of any sort they practically make it a celebration! The fact that this country is so democratic is shown in the everyday values and lives of the people who live there. As stated, it is a very peaceful and welcoming place and many people from all over the world consider it their “great escape” or home away from home. Retirement in Costa Rica sounds great doesn’t it? This is definitely a factor that people would consider a pro because to any person who travels a lot, then this is one thing that they look for in a place where they can call home.
If you are just visiting or considering retirement in Costa Rica for the first time, no doubt you will want to buy property on any of its coastlines as anywhere you would choose to live there would surely offer breathtaking vistas! Another pro so to speak is that if you want to live there permanently, you can do it without all of the stress that usually comes with trying to move to another country. The Costa Rica government doesn’t have as many restrictions as many other governments do. You can live there even if you just have what is known as a tourist visa.
Now you as an interested retiree can definitely see why retirement in Costa Rica has become number one on the must see options list. There are more Americans moving to Costa Rica than just about anywhere else in the world! Costa Rica has adopted an American attitude and people feel right at home there which is why any person should consider retirement in Costa Rica.
Below you will find some different points that will help you decide if moving or retiring in Costa Rica will be right for you:
1) Costa Rica is in between Panama and Nicaragua and is such a beautiful tropical location which has many micro climates!
2) It is not very expensive as the cost of living there in Costa Rica is considerably lower than most other locales. It would even be a great place to start and or run your own business, they have broad band internet access if you are what are known as a cyber junky so you should love that point! If you are into investing there are also many real estate investments that you can sink your teeth into so to speak.
3) A wonderful plus is that there are many schools in Costa Rica that teach Spanish so if you would like to learn another language this is the place to be!
4) There have never been reports of hurricanes in Costa Rica and it has a very soft and gentle climate which makes it even better if you are considering retiring to Costa Rica.
5) The scenic views and beautiful jungle surroundings offer many places for outdoor sports; even the rivers are excellent for people who love water sports.
6) The majestic mountain views will take your breath away, as will the sun dappled shores and the magical beaches that make up most of Costa Rica.
Here is hoping that you have found the information in this article to be helpful to you and to your decision of whether you should or should not retire to Costa Rica. Remember this last point, the health care in Costa Rica is relatively inexpensive which is a very good thing as we all know how much health care costs. Happy retirement in Costa Rica!
Retire to Costa Rica – 7 Good Reasons to Do So
Retirement in Costa Rica – Things you should know
Costa Rica Retirement Communities – Finding the perfect location to retire
Return from Retirement in Costa Rica – The Pros and Cons to
Costa-Rica-Life.com Home page.