Costa Rica is an exciting, exotic place and Costa Rica facts are exciting and fun to read. What follows are some of the more interesting facts about Costa Rica. Take a look and see how many of these Costa Rica facts you’ve heard before:
- Costa Rica is a Central American nation located between Panama and Nicaragua.
- The capital city of Costa Rica Is San Jose. San Jose is located roughly in the center of the country and is home to 1.5 million people
- The official language of Costa Rica is Spanish, but Spanish, French, and English are all widely spoken and understood there.
- 76% of the people who live in Costa Rica belong to the Catholic faith.
- The country of Costa Rica is divided into seven geographic areas: Alajuela, Cartago, Guanacaste, Heredia, Limon, Puntarenas, and San Jose.
- Costa Rica is bordered by the Pacific Ocean on the western shore and the Caribbean Sea on the eastern shore, and is home to some of the most beautiful and most popular volcanic black and white sand beaches in the world.
- The major industries of Costa Rica are tourism, agriculture (bananas, sugar, coffee, corn, rice, potatoes, beans, timber, and beef), and consumer electronics.
- The population of Costa Rica is of mostly Spanish and Indian ancestry, with a significant Afro-Caribbean and Asian population as well.
- The form of government in Costa Rica is democracy, and Costa Rica has a strong Constitution.
- Costa Rica was a province of Spain until declaring its independence in 1821.
- Costa Rica has one of the most varied landscapes in the world, and is home to jungles, plains and prairies, three major volcanos and many mountainous regions and tropical beaches.
- The weather in Costa Rica ranges from temperate to tropical, depending on the specific region and time of year.
- The national flower of Costa Rica is the cattleya skinneri, a gorgeous purple orchid indigenous to the region.
Costa Rica facts and information about the people and the culture are a good read, especially if you are planning a visit soon. By keeping current on the latest Costa Rica facts you can prepare yourself for a great in-person experience.
Costa Rica is one of the most popular vacation destinations in the world, and for good reason. That’s just one of many Costa Rica facts that can be easily verified during a fabulous and relaxing trip to this Central American paradise.