Many people who travel to Costa Rica don’t know that hotels are only one option among many when it comes to lodging, or that Costa Rica village rentals and Costa Rica home rentals can actually be more affordable and convenient that a hotel or hostel.
When choosing Costa Rica villa rentals or Costa Rica home rentals, you should keep certain things in mind so as to make sure you get exactly what you want.
Here are some things you should know about Costa Rica villa rentals and Costa Rica home rentals before you commit:
- Costa Rica villas can be privately owned or corporate. Many major hotel chains also offer Costa Rica villa rentals and Costa Rica home rentals. If you are looking for luxury, a five star resort hotel can be a good way to go. If you want budget accommodations, a private rental with no extras will save you money.
- Travel agents really can help. A good travel agent can often set up Costa Rica villa rentals for far less than you could negotiate on your own. Don’t assume that the do-it-yourself method will save you money: sometimes it just gives you more headaches.
- Costa Rica villa rentals come with a wide variety of services. You can rent a Spartan bungalow with nothing provided except basic silverware and a few linens, or you can choose to set up concierge service, prearranged tours, massage and spa services, or anything else you need as part of your villa or home rental package. Know what you are looking for and you’re more likely to get it.
- What time of year you travel matters when it comes to price. So does booking as far in advance as possible. If you have some flexibility in regard to when you travel and where you are willing to stay, let your travel agent or rental service know this, and they will usually be able to get you a better deal.
- Meals are not always included in Costa Rica villa rentals, but they can be. If you don’t want to cook, ask if meals are included and which ones, or ask if they can be included for an additional fee. Often you will be pleasantly surprised at how reasonable it can be to have breakfast included. At many villas, breakfast is assumed to be included, but you won’t know for sure if you don’t ask.
Taking advantage of Costa Rica villa rentals instead of heading straight for a hotel room can turn an already fun vacation into an unforgettable, luxury retreat, and for not a lot of extra money.
Give Costa Rica villa rentals a try and see if you don’t quickly become hooked on this kind of home away from home travel.