Your Costa Rica Vacations Online Guide
Costa Rica vacations have become popular among many travelers, and for good reasons. Whether you're seeking information about travelling, surfing camps, hotels, condo rentals, attractions, sportsfishing or real estate, this site can help you better plan your trip.
For those of you that just can't leave their surf boards and that would sell their soul for spending the rest of their life on a windy beach, rest assured that Costa Rica is much more than a surfing mecca. But yes, it sure is one of the top spot for enjoying your favorite sport. When he landed here in 1502, Columbus named the country "rich cost" for a good reason. Anyone who's travelled around the country knows that's it's a real tropical paradise with outstanding wildlife and flora.
Much of the country is comprised of national parks or natural reserves where hundreds of birds, mammals, and reptiles live, all surrounded by an Eden-like environment, among an incredible variety of trees, plants and flowers, making Costa Rica vacations a truly unforgettable experience.
The country has been open to tourism for several years now and its popularity is growing. It offers travelers many types of attractions, from volcanoes to tropical vegetation to great beaches. Stretched between the Pacific Ocean and the Carribean Sea, the country boasts beautiful, impressive landscapes. On a territory the size of Texas, it accounts for 6% of the planet’s vegetal species, and with numerous protected sites, it has become the ideal destination for those who like eco-tourism and rainforests.
In fact, over one million individuals travel here each year, attracted by beaches, mountains, volcanoes, rivers and tropical forests. Travelling in CR is a sure way to experience unforgettable adventures.
Compared to its neighbours, the country has a remarquably stable political history, which is certainly a factor when deciding where to spend some time off.
If you come over here, chances are that you will land in the capital city, San Jose, the economic and cultural heart of the country, located near the middle of the territory on the central plateau. There, you will find museums, restaurants, and most of the modern amenities to which you’ve become accustomed.
The quickest way to search this site for Costa Rica vacations spots
is to use the search field below.
United to fly non-stop between Chicago and Costa Rica
United Airlines announced plans Wednesday to begin new non-stop service on several international and domestic routes in the spring, including weekly year-round service between Chicago's O'Hare International Airport and San José, Costa Rica, scheduled ...
Cloud forest flora absorb moisture from fog; at risk from climate change
Inside Costa Rica
Researchers studied for a year in the mountains of Monteverde, Costa Rica, and found that during months of low rainfall, fog was the main source of hydration for the flora. The researchers found that trees in cloud forests are specially adapted to ...
Costa Rica to close year with a record number of tourists / News Briefs …
This year, several airlines increased flights to Costa Rica, including Iberia Airlines (5 percent increase in the number of flights from Madrid to San José), AeroMexico (two new daily flights between San José and Mexico City), and Copa Airlines (two …
Costa Rica declares calypso music 'national patrimony'
Calypso was introduced into Costa Rica by Jamaican immigrants who settled along the Caribbean coast. The style of music combines simple, yet catchy, chord structures with lyrics that tell stories as diverse as a region's history, a family's financial ...
Why Expats Fall in Love With Costa Rica -
What is it about Costa Rica that entices someone to leave their home country and start all over in a foreign land? I was first lured by the wonderful tropical climate. Life is so much simpler living in warm, but not too hot, weather. I don't need a big ...
The Incredible Wildlife of Costa Rica
The Costa Rican Times
Wildlife lover's worldwide talk about Costa Rica because it has the highest density of biodiversity in the world! In only 1/3 of a percent of the Earth's land you can find 4% of the species found on Earth. It's home to 500,000 species! Because Costa ...
Main Wikipedia Page
Geography of the country
The Tico Times News
Haabaa Free Website Directory
Human edited search engine friendly web directory, add your site free!
- Air travel to Costa Rica
- Assessing air travel to Costa Rica will help figure out how much it should cost depending on your departure point.
- Rental car in costa rica
- Things you need to know before you choose you rental car in Costa Rica.
- Map of Costa Rica
- Looking for a map of Costa Rica? Here's one for your convenience.
- Costa Rica Geography
- Costa Rica geography is the focus of this section of Costa Rica Life.com.
- Costa Rica History
- This page provides a bit of information about Costa Rica history for travellers.
- Climate Of Costa Rica
- Learn more about the climate of Costa Rica, which receives quite a bit of rain between July and October, depending on the region.
- Costa Rica attractions
- Whether you're searching for natural or man-made Costa Rica attractions or both, you'll find plenty to keep you busy!
- Costa Rica Beaches
- Costa Rica beaches are stunning. From the smooth sands of the most popular tourist beaches to the rocky coast of some of the country’s remote locations, the beaches here are just breathtaking.
- Costa Rica rainforests
- Costa Rica rainforests are especially important, not only ecologically but also for the tourist industry.
- Costa Rica resorts
- Wondering which one of the many Costa Rica resorts will suit your needs? This page gives you information to help you make up your mind.
- Costa Rica Condo Rentals
- Costa Rica Condo Rentals
- Budget Travel to Costa Rica
- This section about budget travel to Costa Rica provides helpful information for those who might to stay there longer for a same amount of money.
- Costa Rica Vacations in Growing Popularity
- Active travelers will find lots to do on their Costa Rica vacations.
- Finding the perfect Costa Rica House Rental
- A Costa Rica house rental can be a simple, seaside cottage, a luxurious beachfront estate, or a charming and rustic hilltop hideaway.
- Costa Rica family vacation
- A Costa Rica family vacation should certainly be a consideration for families that want a bit more out of their summer vacation than time on the beach or the standard theme park visit.
- Surfing in Costa Rica
- There is a lot of really excellent surfing in Costa Rica but you do have to a bit research as the surf can be inconsistent in some locations.
- Costa Rica Ecological Tour
- Tips and suggestions for travellers planning a Costa Rica ecological tour.
- Costa Rica Adventures
- Seeking ideas for your next Costa Rica adventures? Sandy Mitchell gives you some here.
- Costa Rica weddings
- Costa Rica weddings provide unforgettable memories.
- Costa Rica fishing charters
- Booking one of the many available Costa Rica fishing charters can also be a terrific family activity as both young and old enjoy fishing.
- Costa Rica Nature Travel
- The variety of Costa Rica’s topography makes for an exciting and interesting Costa Rica nature travel vacation.
- Costa Rica Adventure Tour
- This article provides tips for those planning a Costa Rica adventure tour.
- Snorkeling in Costa Rica
- It pays to do your homework if you are thinking of doing a large amount of snorkeling in Costa Rica.
- Mountain Biking In Costa Rica
- Mountain biking in Costa Rica is a great way to discover the many landscapes the country has to offer.
- Costa Rica Expedition
- From canopy tours and volcano ascent to bird watching and sports fishing, your Costa Rica expedition is limited only by your imagination.
- Costa Rica Coffee - A distinctive product
- Find out why Costa Rica coffee is one of the most renowned in the world.
- Living in Costa Rica
- Wondering what it's like to be living in Costa Rica? This article will reveal it to you.
- Costa Rica Retirement
- For nature lovers and those seeking a country with stable political situation, a Costa Rica retirement may be a sound choice.
- The Cost of Living in Costa Rica
- An article for those who want to know more about the cost of living in Costa Rica.
- Costa Rica Land for Sale
- Prices of Costa Rica land for sale vary widely, depending on the size and location of the property.
- Costa Rica Real Estate
- As in the United States, Costa Rica real estate prices vary widely. Check out this page for information about residency requirements and how to fin an agent.
- Moving to Costa Rica
- Moving to Costa Rica on a permanent basis is a relatively straightforward procedure compared to emigrating to the United States or England.
- Costa Rica investment properties - Things You Should Know
- Thinking of buying Costa Rica investment properties? Read this to know the pros and cons before you actually make a decision about it.
- Real Estate for Sale in Costa Rica - A Guide
- This informative article covers what you need to know if you're looking for real estate for sale in Costa Rica.
- Retire in Costa Rica, where your pension goes further!
- Wondering if you should retire in Costa Rica? Read on to help you make your mind!
- Costa Rica Jobs - Tips to find employment in Paradise
- Information about where to look if you're seeking Costa Rica jobs.
- Costa Rica Flag
- Clean pictures of the Costa Rica flag.
- Costa Rica Facts
- A collection of interesting facts about Costa Rica
- Costa Rica Facts
- This page provide Costa Rica facts and information for successful vacation planning.
- Costa Rica Travel Information
- Get quality Costa Rica Travel Information at Costa-Rica-life.com
- Travel links
- This page offers travel links for those seeking information about other destinations.
- Talk about your Costa Rica Trip!
- Use this form to tell us about the cool things you've been doing while on your Costa Rica trip!
- Costa Rica News Archives - October/November 2007
- Costa Rica News ot October 2007 are archived in this page.
- Have a question? A comment? You can send us a note with this form.